WHAT ARE THE CONSIDERATIONS FOR CHOOSING CARPETS
When choosing carpets, there are several considerations to keep in mind:
- Durability: Choose a carpet that can withstand the level of foot traffic it will be exposed to. For high-traffic areas, consider carpets made of nylon or polyester fibers as they are more durable than other types.
- Stain Resistance: Consider carpets that are treated with stain-resistant coatings such as those made of nylon or polyester fibers as they are better at repelling spills and stains.
- Style: Choose a style that complements your interior design scheme. Carpets come in a range of styles including Berber, plush, Saxony, and frieze.
- Color: Choose a color that complements your furniture, walls, and overall décor. Neutral colors like beige, gray, and cream are popular choices as they are versatile and can complement a range of interior design styles.
- Padding: Choose a suitable padding that will enhance the comfort of your carpet and increase its lifespan.
- Maintenance: Consider the amount of maintenance required to keep your carpet in good condition. Some types of carpets may require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Budget: Choose a carpet that fits within your budget while still meeting your needs and preferences. Remember to factor in the cost of installation and any additional accessories like padding or carpet tape.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING CARPET
- Consider the traffic in the room: Choose a carpet that can withstand the traffic in the room. For example, a dense, low-pile carpet is best for high-traffic areas like hallways and stairs.
- Determine the fiber: The fiber of the carpet affects its durability and maintenance. Nylon is a popular choice for its durability, while wool is known for its softness and luxury.
- Choose the right color: Choose a color that complements the room’s décor and furniture. Darker colors are better for hiding dirt and stains, while lighter colors make a room appear larger.
- Check the padding: The padding beneath the carpet affects its comfort and longevity. Choose a high-quality padding that matches the carpet’s durability.
- Get a sample: Always ask for a sample of the carpet to take home and test in the room’s lighting and décor. This helps you to get a better sense of how the carpet will look and feel in your space.
- Consider your lifestyle: If you have pets or young children, consider a carpet that is stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- Get professional installation: Professional installation ensures that the carpet is installed correctly and to manufacturer specifications, which can extend its lifespan.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR CARPETS
There are several factors for considerations when choosing your carpets. Here are some factors to help you get started:
It may be helpful to consult with a carpet professional to determine the best options for your specific situation. A carpet professional will be able to advise on the right fit that meets your carpet selection needs. Have a chat with our Sales Consultants who are ready to answer your queries and show you samples of carpets in our showroom.